One rare restriction AM still has to face today is size – which is determined by the size of the build chamber. For all customers who need big-sized plastic parts, the FIT Additive Manufacturing Group now has the right answer: The new GDP technology can produce xxl parts up to the size 1.8 m x 1.5 m x 1.2 m. Manufacturing speed is up to 10 times faster when compared to similar technologies. This is especially useful for prototyping purposes, e.g. for big objects intended for visual communication and advertising, for concept models, furniture, etc.
What is GDP?
Advantages of GDP in comparison to other AM technologies
• no supports needed even for strong backcuts
• no support needed for lids up to a diameter of 20 cm
• XXL size: max. 1.8 m x 1.5 m x 1.2 m
• high printing speed: up to 0.33 m/h (z-axis)
• two simultaneously working print heads
• produced parts ideal for classical model building and finishing technologies (e.g. milling, polishing, coating)
Excellent addition to FIT Additive Manufacturing Group's range of technologies and services