We are pleased to offer you a new post-production service: functional metal coatings enhance our broad range of services for additively manufactured parts and components.
The application of the metal coating is a process of electroplating plastic parts with a thin layer of nickel and/or copper. The mechanical rigidity of a metal coated plastic part is increased by up to a factor of 10x.
The applications are broad for metal coatings:
• Esthetic refinement for design purposes
• Significant increase in part rigidity
• EMC shielding
• Long-term dimensional stability
• Lighter parts with the benefits of a metal outer surface
• Lower cost due to plastic substrate versus all metal
• Added materials flexibility to meet greater design creativity!
Our application technology is based on a proprietary eco-friendly system designed specifically for producing the galvanizing process without any wastewater. Please note our current capacity:
• 4 large baths (each 1,000 l) for simultaneous use
• Part sizes on request
5 reasons why FIT Additive Manufacturing Group is right for your coating needs:
For additional technical questions, including available substrate materials, layer thicknesses, etc. please download our data sheet.